Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 31, 2004, 10:16 AM   #1

Default damaged xd card

I just noticed that one of my xd cards has fallen apart. The metal contact has seperated from the actual card. It appears that the glue just "let go" (possibly from getting too cold?) What I'm wondering is, can I simply glue the contact back on with a dab of crazy glue? I don't have any experience with this, but as far as I can see it shouldn't be a problem. I'd appreciate anyone's input.

andy
awikenheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2004, 3:53 PM   #2

That sounds like the kind of catastrophic failure that any manufacturer should cover by warranty. I'd try taking it back and seeing if they'll replace it. What brand?
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2004, 9:54 PM   #3

It's the original 16 mb olympus card that came with the camera. I wouldn't really care much, but I'm selling the camera and don't want to give up one of my bigger memory cards with it. I guess I'll ask about warranty.
awikenheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2004, 10:38 AM   #4

Same thing happened to the Fuji 16 mb card that came with the camera. Looks like the memory chip is just glued the the plastic. I would glue it back in but there is no way to tell which side should be the lead edge. I would imagine its not a good idea to put it in any device if it is backward. I'll take it back to the store and see if they'll replace it. If not I'll call fuji.
hobbit91 is offline   Reply With Quote