Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 26, 2004, 6:34 AM   #1

Default problam with xd card

i tried to conect the xd card to the card reader and i think that it doesnt worked so i pluged it out and then the camera was given me the opitions or to format or to turn off . The camera will not read the card, nor will the card reader, i onlyhave the option to format or close down the camera. I have a lot of pictures on the card that I would like to recover, has anyone had a similar problem? Or can anyone advise me how to recover the photos??
tomtom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2004, 6:38 AM   #2
Administrator

Yes.

You can format the card with your PC as FAT16 (Win XP calls this FAT), and you may still be able to recover the images using software.

See my instructions in this thread (to someone with the same problem). As you can see from his posts, the suggested procedure worked fine:

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=18418
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2004, 4:48 PM   #3

I just posted the same problem with a 256 Lexar flash card and the link with the answer on this post came up blank. Any help in solving this problem and retrieving the images would be appriciated.
sires9094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2004, 7:01 PM   #4
Administrator

Try here. Make sure to use FAT16 (Win XP calls this FAT), because most digicams are not compatible with newer 32-bit formats.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=2

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote