Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:02 PM   #1

Default How exactly do I ....

I have a Canon A70 and I'm wondering how to upload images back to the CF card from my computer. I usually download the pictures onto my hard drive and fix them up in photoshop and then burn them onto a CD to take them to get developed. But since the photo developing places take memory cards I figured it would be much easier to upload the edited images back onto the CF card and get the photos printed out from there.

Question = how do I do this? Do I need to buy a memory card reader and if so will any one do?

Thanks in advance.
Fireweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2004, 5:07 PM   #2
Administrator

You need a program that "fixes" your fixed files. Digital cameras will only display JPEG files that have their Exif headers intact. Most editing programs strip this Exif info and that makes them unusable in the camera. This problem is solved with the program called TV Writer - find it here:

http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyond....html#TVwriter

As for uploading back to the camera. If the camera appears as a Removable drive when it is connected via USB cablethen you can use Windows Explorer to copy image files back to the folder on the camera's memory card. If you need to use an external card reader then just about any of them will do the job.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 6:51 PM   #3

As long as he is going to use the camera only for transferring the files, I don't think he will need to "fix" the files to restore the EXIF data.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2004, 7:29 AM   #4

I've always figured that if a photo is good enough to print, it is good enough to keep another back-up copy. So the CD for the photo processor serves both purposes and is worth the little extra cost.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2004, 7:43 AM   #5

It depends on your habits. If you are going to archive the images on CD anyway, then burning a CD just for going to the photo lab is a waste. I backup my images on CD and make two copies of each. When I want to print I only put the images I want printed in the memory card, make any needed cropping or correction and take it to the photo lab where I only need to select all pictures for printing in a single step.
Old May 23, 2004, 12:14 PM   #6

THank you very much - that program works great. :-)
Fireweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:49 AM   #7
lea

I want to upload images edited on my imac system OS X/photoshop elements2,Graphic Converter and Procreate Painter Classic to my Canon powershot s50's compact flash card in order to bring the card to a photo lab that makes A3 size prints. Is there something like the TV writer available for mac? It sounds like it might work if only I had a Windows system...
Thanks for any advice !
Lea
lea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 6:56 PM   #8

Have you tried copying back to the camera directly? That is, connect the camera as you would normally for downloading. But instead of downloading, copy the pictures to the camera.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 2:52 AM   #9

Do you know of a similar program that will work with SD? This program says it will work for Smart Media and Compact Flash.

Thank you,

Gene
gene3627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 6:22 AM   #10

Doesn't your camera appear as a removable drive like most do under Windows?