Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 28, 2004, 3:39 PM   #1

Default 4Gb Muvo2 microdrive and Fuji S7000

Could anybody tell me if these two products work well toghether? (Muvo 4Gb drive and Fuji S7000)

I know that I can only use 2Gb of that Muvo2 microdrive... but that´s still cheaper than a buying a new 2Gb seperate drive.

Steve...don´t you own these 2 products :roll:
skuliaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2004, 6:01 PM   #2
Administrator

skuliaxe wrote:
Quote:
Could anybody tell me if these two products work well toghether? (Muvo 4Gb drive and Fuji S7000)

I know that I can only use 2Gb of that Muvo2 microdrive... but that?s still cheaper than a buying a new 2Gb seperate drive.

Steve...don?t you own these 2 products :roll:

Nope, won't work together. The S7000 does not support FAT32, it can only use the 1GB microdrive or the newer 2GB drive. I haven't tried reformatting a 4GB drive using FAT16 - I don't want to chance screwing up the drives that I have just for test purposes. If you can find someone willing to do it - good luck.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 4:51 PM   #3

If you put the MD in a card reader you can make two equal partitions, format both in FAT16, make one active and hide the other and it should work. The only thing I have found is it is very sssssllllllooooooowwwwwwww!!! I used the Hitachi with my Nikon Coolpix 5700 and my standard Sandisk 256MB CF card was three times faster at writing to disk :shock:
Challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 1:11 PM   #4

ok...thanks Steve and Challenger

Steve: I wouldn´t ask you to go to that kind of trouble for me (stranger)... but it dosen´t hurt to ask

Great upgrade on the Forum by the way.
skuliaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 6:36 PM   #5

Steve... can i use the 4Gb microdrive in a Nikon Coolpix 8700.
I want to buy onerof these MD but i can't find any info on Nikon site.

Thanks in advance!!!!
Marcelo
tano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2004, 10:49 AM   #6

Hello Tano,

From what I can see the Nikon CoolPix 8700 is FAT16 only. Based on that, the 8700 is 2GB Microdrive compatible, but not 4GB compatible. Not sure about the 2 FAT16 partition option, but maybe 2 2GB Microdrives would do the Job. Hope this helps.

Also, beware of trying to buy a Muvo2 for the Microdrive. Take a look at this post on DPReview! There are several replies, but this post is from Phil Askey the owner.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=8952809

Shane
Shane Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote