Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 9, 2004, 5:38 PM   #1

I recently purchased a Nikon 5700 along with two LexarMedia 256 flash cards. I recently returned from shooting two events, viewed the images in the camera and then when I returned home I removed the flash card from the camera with it off and plugged it into my Lexar card reader like I have done in the past. Nothing came up in the folder for the card reader. I tried another card and it worked fine. I then plugged the card back into the camera and attempted to view the images, but got an error message telling me the card can not be used. My question is; is there anyway to retrieve the images and does anyone have an idea what happen to this practically brand new card? I take care of my equipment.
sires9094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2004, 11:40 PM   #2

Had the exact samething happen. Contact Lexar customer support online. http://www.lexarmedia.com/support/index.html

They'll give you an RMA to return the card. Depending on what card model you have, they may require proof of purchase: "Standard 4X CompactFlash is backed by a 5-year limited warranty where as the 12X and 16X High-Speed Series, 40X and 80X Professional Series are backed by a lifetime limited warranty."
Tell them you want the images on the card recovered. You'll have to pay for shipping and insurance to send it to them (mine was $3), but they'll send you a new card. Outside of the wait at the post office, it was fairly hassle-free. Good luck.
saluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2004, 7:37 PM   #3

Thanks for the information. I tried the online help chat that did not work for me on a Saturday. I waited over 45 minutes and noone responded. I tried again on Monday and did receive some online information on what to do. I had also called their phone number and left a message. Someone from LexarMedia called back and gave me a number to use to return the flash card with a promise they would try to recover the images. No one mentioned sending any postage for its return and the FedEx cost me over $10 to send at the cheapest rate. Priority mail would have been cheaper, but then by the time you add insurance, registering it and all - the price would have been just as much. I opted for FedEx because they are more reliable. I will let you know how my experience turns out.
sires9094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 8:53 AM   #4

How about another card reader, camera or another computer?
videobruce is offline   Reply With Quote