Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 18, 2004, 9:44 AM   #1

I just got a 1GB Lexar CF card. It seems odd that you would have to pay for the software and jumpshot USB cable with every card you buy. I'm thinking about getting a 2nd 1gb card and wondered if there is a different part # so you can buy the card by itself. I'm also torn about getting another 1gb, or whether to get a couple of 512 or several 256 for my Europe trip.:?:
Lorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2004, 10:01 AM   #2
NHL

You can... but when I got my 2nd card the "software" is pre-loaded on each individual CF card as well! :-)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 6:16 PM   #3

every lexar pro card i ever bought came with the JS cable and the software as was mentioned above came onboard the card and is easily downloaded and transferred to a CDROM. i had nothing but issues with v1 of the rescue software but after doing the free UG to v2 it runs beautifully.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2004, 12:06 AM   #4
Administrator

Believe me, you aren't paying much for the Jumpshot cradle, it probably cost them no more than fifty cents if that much. The software costs them nothing
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2004, 11:22 AM   #5

:?Funny I have the opposite problem : I'm about to buy a Lexar CF (512 Mb, 12x) but it doesn't come with the JS cable. Actually I'm not even sure ifthe JS cablewould worth the extra money: €13 (around $15) + shipping.

Besides... JS cable or the usb 2.0 Lexar CF reader (which is only a few more bucks than the JS) ?Not sure which one I should buy. Suggestions welcome ! Ciao

mir100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2004, 11:53 AM   #6

te operative word is LexarPRO cards. all the pro cards come with the JS recovery software kit.

Old May 21, 2004, 5:09 PM   #7
Administrator

mir100 wrote:
Quote:
:?Funny I have the opposite problem : I'm about to buy a Lexar CF (512 Mb, 12x) but it doesn't come with the JS cable. Actually I'm not even sure ifthe JS cablewould worth the extra money: €13 (around $15) + shipping.

Besides... JS cable or the usb 2.0 Lexar CF reader (which is only a few more bucks than the JS) ?Not sure which one I should buy. Suggestions welcome ! Ciao

No question, buy the reader. The JS cradle only works with JS-enabled Lexar cards, the reader will work with all CF cards
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:28 AM   #8

But wil the Lexar Card reader transfer as quickly as the cable? Perhaps the cable is needed to get the full '40X' speed? Just asking, I have no technical knowledge on this at all. I'm not even sure if in 'real world' terms if it comes into play. Just 'thinking' aloud.

Charlie
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:46 AM   #9

the reader is a usb 1.1 device.