Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 27, 2004, 1:01 AM   #1

I just got a Belkin Digital Camera Link to transfer pictures to my iPod for storage. Using an Olympus C-3030 I get an error that the camera is incompatible. It seems that it should be ok. I then tried an Olympus Style 300 and get an error message that the I cannot write to the iPod. It has many GB of memory available and is using the latest software. The error messages seem inconsistent. Has anyone gotten this device to work with these or similar cameras? I'm at a loss on how to trouble shoot the problem. Could I have a bad Link? Thanks of your help.
Jerry
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2004, 10:42 AM   #2
Administrator

Both of the cameras you mentioned are on Belkin's list as "untested, but believed to be compatible" -- check for yourself at:

http://www.belkin.com/ipod/cameralink/#

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 1:43 PM   #3

Steve,
Thanks for the reply. I had checked that list before I bought the Link. I think the file format is the same as for the cameras that were tested. The cameras transfer photos ok when hooked up via USB to my computer (Mac) using the same cables. The iPod talks to the computer to sync music and other data w/no problems. I'm beginning to think that something is wrong with the Link though it looks like its doing the correct stuff. I did remove the batteries to try to "reboot" the device. I'm stuck.
Jerry
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 4:11 PM   #4
Administrator

I'd definitely be talking to Belkin's support folks, I hope they can resolve it for you. I have no iPod experience myself so I can't help you, sorry.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 12:49 PM   #5

I have an Olympus C-730. The Belkin Digital Camera Link works great with it and my third generation iPod. It's a much more cost effective solution than buying a handfull of memory cards.

I'd guess than something is wrong with your Link and would take it to a camera store with your iPod to try on various cameras.

By the way, the Link also works with Sanyo's new Xacti C1 - really cool! It's neat that the Link transfers movies and pictures.
davodosus is offline   Reply With Quote