Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 8, 2004, 12:59 AM   #1

I can recover Jpeg's easily but TIF files seem to be a whole 'nother issue. Any suggestions? Hopefully this is just my ignorance and not the standard.
FrankO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2004, 12:03 PM   #2

It is possible that the issue you are having may be due to the file size or the format. I know when I was having trouble recovering images there was some programs out there that only allow you to recover JPG images. Then there are other programs that will only recover up to a certain file size or images or you have to adjust the settings in the software to look for larger files. Hope this helps
Ed Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 1:15 PM   #3
Administrator

FrankO wrote:
Quote:
I can recover Jpeg's easily but TIF files seem to be a whole 'nother issue. Any suggestions? Hopefully this is just my ignorance and not the standard.
This is from the PhotoRescue program description:

"PhotoRescue supports the recovery of all file types but its algorithms are particularly optimized for JPG or JPEG files, TIFF files, GIFs and BMPs. It also offers a constantly updated support for CRW, NEF, ORW, MRW and many types of movie files. In some cases, it can even rebuild pictures that have suffered minor corruptions."

I have been using PhotoRescue for several years and find that it can recover anything that is truly recoverable on my cards - possibly your TIFFs are corrupted beyond the point of rescuing?

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 1:23 PM   #4

Quote:
possibly your TIFFs are corrupted beyond the point of rescuing?
As an extreme novice I would say this is not only possiblebut probable. Rookie mistakes. I'll never delete again w/o triple checking my copies.
FrankO is offline   Reply With Quote