Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 18, 2004, 5:14 PM   #1

Any ideas ? New Lexar 40x wa 512mb CF card worked fine in my Dimage A2for the first few days but has since developed a problem. Now whenever i try to download my pics to computer Windows scanner and camera wizard tells me "There are currently no pictures on your camera" But there are pictures on my camera as i can review them in camera and save the folderto my HDD but it's a pain! This happens when using the cameras USB cable, the Lexar jumpshot lead (supplied with the card) and a 6 in 1 card reader. Thinking it's a software problem tried it all on another computer. Same again. Conclusion: Card faulty. Ran the card through Image Rescue 2 (again supplied with the card) The card test showed everything ok.Tried Format card and secure erase, both of which apparentlyreset the card to factory settings and make a corrupted card work again. Although becausethe card test showed ok i suppose there was nothing to repair. Finally formatting in camera as i usually do when i've finished with the pics. It works in every other way except transfer, and i can't believe that 2 computers have just developed the problem unless of course the card or usb lead or jumpshot lead have corrupted a file or something, but i doubt it. Is it the card ? Or me? Or what?

Appreciate any advice, although i will send the card back if it can't be sorted easily.

Thanks.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2004, 2:25 PM   #2

Another silly thought for you . Did you by any chance change the option that allows you to rename the directories from standard to date coded?

This may be fooling/confusing your downloading software?

CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2004, 4:56 AM   #3

I have just deleted another long winded explanation of my problem with a few other comments and before i posted it thought of trying something.

Reset everything in the camera back to factory settings and the bloody thing works now !!! Tried it twice with the USB lead and twice with the Lexar Lead. So, although i am sure i didn't have the setting you suggested i must have pressed something it didn't like.

BTW, if you haven't already, have a look at 'Dave's Pick' at http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A2/A2A7.HTMfor Shutter lag & cycle time tests, then look at his conclusion from the select topic box. I know he's only dealing with Lexar but it's his results for speed that are interesting.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote