Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 21, 2004, 6:51 AM   #1

Hi everyone,

I'm using 512Mb SanDisk CF card with X's Drive Pro VP-300. I lost some photographsrecently because X's Drive failed to download them. The photographs are on the CF card and I can download them with another card reader directly to PC.

Does anyone have expirience with this kind of a problem? Is it a card problem or a X's Drive problem?

Thank You!

Mario Mendes, supermario.deviantart.com

Supermario is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2004, 1:22 PM   #2

I don't have the Pro version but I do have an X-Drive (USB1 version) and have not had any problems with it reading SD from various mfgs and it reads the LEXAR 40x 1GB and SANDISK Ultra II 512M cards.

I have not had any errors but just to be sure I do usually hit the button twice (make two copies) of everything I shoot, before erasing the card.

You might want to try some experiments like that to make sure there are no bad spots on the drive. I've never tried it but you should be able to run the extended disk scan on it.

Good luck...
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2004, 2:51 PM   #3

CastleDude,

thank You for an advice. That's what I decided to do; copy everything twice, just to make sure; after all it has 60Gb storage space.

I'll also try to scan it thoroughly to see if it has some bad sectors.

Thanks again,

Mario Mendes, supermario.deviantart.com
Supermario is offline   Reply With Quote