Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 2, 2004, 9:28 AM   #1

I am about to get my C-5060 WZ today (just waiting on FedEx to arrive) :-). The only media types I have delt with are the Smart Media and the Secure Digital. I know Olympus pushes their xD picture card. I was wondering if anyone could share their thoughts or experience on these different types of media.

Another question...

Is it just me, or does anyone else have any problems with the "Emoticons"? I have tried to use different ones, but when I preview my posting, they all turn into the blue, bouncing smiley.

Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2004, 11:39 PM   #2

xD cards are considerably more expensive than compact flash cards.... something to keep in mind =D

-Jeff
[email protected]

jhsieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 1:08 AM   #3

If you want to use Olympus' panorama mode, you HAVE to use xD (because it has a special format which engages the xD mode, but you can just use the xD card that comes with the camera). For everything else, just use compact flash...skip the micro drive...too slow; unless you need a high capacity "card"; personally, if I needed extra storage I'd get a "digital wallet" that dumps the contents of the memory card to a portable hard drive or CD so you can keep shooting.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:40 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply. I will look into the compact flash card. The digital wallet is a cool idea, but I don't take that many pictures at this time to justify the expense of getting one. Something to think about down the road though.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:42 PM   #5

Thanks for your replyJeff. I think I will go with the compact flash.