Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 6, 2004, 11:40 AM   #1

I just ordered my first digital camera, the Canon A75 and now need some memory cards. I've been trying to do my homework on who makes the best card, quality, cost speed, etc. I am finding the best prices on the Viking cards but after reading some reviews I see some of the others are much faster.. How big of a difference is there in the speed. Am I going to have to wait several seconds after every picture to take another. Can someone please advise me on what is a good quality, fast, well pricedCF card? Also, with only a 3.2 mega pixel camera is there a noticeable difference in speed, and if so how much? Thank you
Rossislider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2004, 2:45 PM   #2
Administrator

CF cards are cheap and plentiful these days with the majority of the new cameras going to Secure Digital. A faster CF card won't speed up the camera much other than seeing a faster write to card after a burst sequence or maybe a little faster playback.

If you use an external USB 2.0 card reader you will see a huge difference in download speeds when using a faster CF card. You don't have to spend much more to get a faster card and you never know what camera you might own next so...

I have used a number of high-speed Ridata CF cards, they weren't much more expensive than the slower cards. Popular fast CF card brands include Sandisk and Lexar.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 3:07 PM   #3

Thank you
Rossislider is offline   Reply With Quote