Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 9, 2004, 4:08 AM   #1

I recently purchased some memory stick pros in addition to my old standard memory sticks and found that the four in one flashcard adaptor for my delkin picture pad couldnt read the pro series. I contacted Delkin and they told me they had no suggestions for alternate flash card adaptors and had no plans to offer them for existing user owners of their delkin image storage device customers. Now I am trying to find a way to dump images from my sony f717 loaded memory stick pros directly into the picture pad device. I need either a new firewire type device or updated flashcard adaptor that will fit into the picture pad slot and accept my pro sticks. :?: thanks for any help asap Fuzzy
fuzzykpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2004, 7:40 AM   #2

Hello. I have a Sony F717 as well, but am not familiar with the card maker you mention. Lexar seems to have some decent card readers... http://www.lexar.com/readers/index.html. One of them is a "I read all types" deal. Give that a try. Amitava
asarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2004, 7:42 AM   #3

Sorry I just realized that you may be talking about something else...not downloading images from the memory stick to the computer...A
asarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 9:38 PM   #4

:?: Thanks for your reply. As an update I researched many companies, including sony and found there is no such flashcard adaptor for the new memory stick Pro series other than the cards that can be used in a laptop. this renders my storage device virtually useless to me at this point until I buy a camera that uses some other media like flash cards that can be inserted into the Efilm directly. I would advise anyone considering purchasing the Efilm storage devices, who uses memory sticks. to find another storage device. thanks again Fuzzy
Old Sep 16, 2004, 5:29 PM   #5

update
I just wanted to say I dealt with http://www.buydigitalmemory.com/Scripts/default.asp while researching some kind of compatible adaptor and they were great. They did all the work, saving me many mails and hours and posted the results and suggestions over about five emails. I was so pleased with their effors on my behalf I ordered a 512 memory stick pro from them and was pleased also at their price of $99. I might match the price elsewhere, but not the service which is priceless to me. I highly recommend them for any future purchases. They even suggested a lower postage that saved me a few bucks for the same delivery time! Fuzzy