Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 19, 2004, 3:46 AM   #1

Just receive my CompactDrive from www.compactdrive.net

very impress with it's speed, 1:40 to copy a full 512mb card compare with my HD 2 go's 16 mins. it is so fast, it's amazing, from the LCD display, it works out around 5mb per second.

I haven't check out the batter life as yet, from the website, it claim to copy 35G of data on a set of rechargable battery, sounds too good to be true, however, I had already transfer 10G of data and it just seem to keep on going.

the machine is well build, very solid feeling, overall quality is good, much better then x-drive pro we use at work.

I'm happy with the product and I'll post the battery performance later on
echohuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2004, 4:04 AM   #2

I order one from compactdrive.jp and it arrive 6 days later such a long wait, but anyway, I love this SUPER fast PSD after 1 week of use.

A report and be found here http://www.paulchen.co.nz/compactdrive/report.htm

but I do not agree with the future proof part, Compactdrive is NOT the first PSD to support FAT32, infact it is the LAST PSD to support the >2G CF card, get the fact right Paul.

I will recommand PD7x to anyone who is after the extra digital storage while traveling, it surely live up to it's name.
johnchentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 8:30 PM   #3

johnchentw wrote:
Quote:
I order one from compactdrive.jp and it arrive 6 days later such a long wait, but anyway, I love this SUPER fast PSD after 1 week of use.

A report and be found here http://www.paulchen.co.nz/compactdrive/report.htm

but I do not agree with the future proof part, Compactdrive is NOT the first PSD to support FAT32, infact it is the LAST PSD to support the >2G CF card, get the fact right Paul.

I will recommand PD7x to anyone who is after the extra digital storage while traveling, it surely live up to it's name.

I think he meant the PD7X is the first release from its manufacturer to support FAT32. The previous version of firmware supports FAT12/FAT16. But now FAT12 is no longer supported.
BPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2004, 6:56 AM   #4

I have been using CompactDrive for ever a month now, running a product studio, our CompactDrive had been daily use.

It is surely the best and fastest PSD we used so far, Battery life is excellent, at least 20GB transferon a set of 2300mAh Sanyo Battery.

echohuang is offline   Reply With Quote