Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 12, 2004, 2:23 AM   #1

i want a high speed 1gb sd memory chip for my kyocera sl300r t*, but i do not know which one to get. If there isn't one, does anyone recommend any specific size and speed for this particular camera? im new in the digital camera world and the sl300r t* is my first camera, so i would like it to be a good one.
kpxjasperxbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2004, 9:51 AM   #2
Administrator

The Panasonic 1GB cards are very fast. Simpletech SD cards in larger sizes use the same components.

The Sandisk Ultra II SD Cards are also very fast.

Now, Sandisk and Panasonic recently announced even faster cards (20mb/second). But, it's unlikely that most devices would be able to use this much speed.

The standard Panasonic Cards in larger sizes (256mb and larger), and the Sandisk Ultra II cards are already running around 9mb/second, which is faster than most devices are able to take advantage of.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 11:27 AM   #3

which one should i get if price were an issue, which it is...and what size....how long of movies will i be able to take if i have a 512mb compared to a 1 gb SD card?
kpxjasperxbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:16 PM   #4
Administrator

Well, from the movie sample in the Kyocera SL-300R review, it looks like a 6 second cliptakes about 12.25mb.

So, a 512mb card would probably give you around4 minutes.

This does seem a bit high (memory usage). So, you may want to check with Kyocera to see if this is normal.

I looked at your owners manual, but it didn't give capacities. It said this about images (so the same separate sheet included with your camera may also give information about movie lengths):

[align=left]Available shots and capacities for different image size/quality[/align]
[align=left](compression ratio) combinations[/align]

[align=left]Refer to the separate information sheet "Accessories and Specifications" for the available shots and capacities.[/align]

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote