Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 20, 2004, 6:55 AM   #1

Please, tell me what is the speed of writing of SanDisk SDregular card. For exampele I find that SanDisk Ultra II writing speed is 60X, reading 66X, but no information about regular...
nad_tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2004, 12:38 PM   #2
hbh

Check this link

http://www.sandisk.com/pdf/oem/SD_SDIO_specsv1.pdf
hbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 12:41 PM   #3
hbh

http://www.sandisk.com/pdf/oem/SD_SDIO_specsv1.pdf
hbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2004, 1:55 AM   #4

I have a curious answer for you. I have both a plain jane sandisk CF card and an Ultra (sandisk) as well. I bought the ultra because I was told it would cut down the write times to my CF card, when shooting Raw. I bought the Ultra over a year ago. A few weeks back I bought the plain jane sandisk, a 512...double the size of the Ultraand because of falling prices paid only about 60% of the Ultra. Here's the odd part of the story. The plain jane outperforms the Ultra by a couple of seconds shooting Raw! (Also outperforms a Lexar pro that I have too!) I have a minolta 5mp 7i. I don't know whether it's the camera, or that CF cards have just been improved as technology advances. I know you can get the info on these cards regarding write speed. But actually timing them in your camera is the only proof I need. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote