Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 21, 2004, 5:03 PM   #1

Hello!

I have a Sony DSC-P52 digital camera and a 256 Mb Memory Stick in it. I am going to transfer the pictures from it to my computer but the question is will I be able to transfer some of them back in the camera so that I can watch them on TV without having to make a VCD or JPEG CD. I have no card reader just the camera!.

Will I be able to transfer pictures from my computers HD to the camera trough USB2?

If so how do I do it??

Anything special I have to think about? Do the pictures have to be in a special format or something??

Sincerely Joakim Agren!
Joakim Agren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2004, 3:13 AM   #2

Joakim Agren wrote:
Quote:
Anything special I have to think about? Do the pictures have to be in a special format or something??

Yes, you'll have to follow the same naming convention as your camera, and put the files in the same folder structure. The easiest way to do that is start with a clean card, format it in the camera, take a single photo, and copy your replacement images to the same folder as where that dummy shot appeared.

Even when you've done that, you may well find it still won't work, and the camera won't recognise the files you put back. In that case you need a 20ukpound shareware program called "TVWriter" from David Taylor in Edinburgh, Scotland, at www.satsignal.net . There's a free demo version as well, that puts a logo on the images. This allows you to take any jpeg image at all, and reformat it so that many different cameras will recognise it.

Good luck!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 4:25 PM   #3

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
Joakim Agren wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Yes, you'll have to follow the same naming convention as your camera, and put the files in the same folder structure. The easiest way to do that is start with a clean card, format it in the camera, take a single photo, and copy your replacement images to the same folder as where that dummy shot appeared.

Even when you've done that, you may well find it still won't work, and the camera won't recognise the files you put back. In that case you need a 20ukpound shareware program called "TVWriter" from David Taylor in Edinburgh, Scotland, at http://www.satsignal.net . There's a free demo version as well, that puts a logo on the images. This allows you to take any jpeg image at all, and reformat it so that many different cameras will recognise it.

Good luck!
Quote:
Hello!
Quote:
Thank you for your reply!
Quote:
I will chek it outsoon and see if it works or if i need that software!.
Quote:
By the way is it you on your avatar??
Quote:
Kind of reminds me of my cousin! spooky
Joakim Agren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:56 PM   #4

If you have not stripped the EXIF data from the images, they should not cause any problem, even if they have been renamed. Well, at least in my Kodak camera works that way. It can read and display pictures taken by other cameras in the same card as long as their EXIF data is intact.

Also if your camera appears as a removable drive in your system, to upload your pictures you just copy them to the removable drive as you would with any hard disk. The directory structure mentioned by Alan is important, so his suggestion in this regard is very good.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote