Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 15, 2002, 12:41 PM   #1

Default compactflash difference Lexar vs Viking ?

Just got my 1st digital camera last night and am shopping for 256 MB memory. The price difference is quite large..........is there a great quality difference in these ? Very new to this, am charging the batteries and got through 6 pages of the manual.........bear with, I'm slow..... thanks for any insight.
dimage 7i 49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2002, 12:47 PM   #2

Default oops

sorry I put this in the wrong forum.....newbie
Old Oct 15, 2002, 5:05 PM   #3

there might be some write time discrepancies. the viking being a little slower. that is a interface issue between camera and card controller. it should be minor though. you have to decide if that speed difference is worth the price difference. check out delkin also their fairly quick. try going to the shop that has both and time it from xfr light on to off.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2002, 6:21 PM   #4

sjms, thanks for the reply, but can't go to the best photoshop around here. Been there and talked to the sales guy for awhile and told him I'd be back when I decided what camera to buy...... well , I saved $300 buying the Dimage 7i at buydig.com instead. What a find ! Will do some more investigating on this site listening to you and others.........reading through these different forums is making my head swim but am learning a lot ......don't know if I have time to read the manual yet..........
Old Oct 15, 2002, 6:39 PM   #5

just to give you an idea of the speed. i use ridata 512MB cards.
shooting a RAW image is an average of 9MB. from light on to light of on the xfr light is approx 12 sec.

shooting jpeg images should allow approx 2fps for about 5 frames before its buffer clear time. and that is dependent on what quality jpeg your shooting.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote