Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 11, 2004, 4:27 PM   #1

Well, I've read here some informations about SD cards, so I know now that SanDisk Ultra II writing speed is 10Mb/s, and SanDisk Extreme III writing speed is 20 Mb/s.

But I have a question about using these cards with the Panasonic FZ 20 : did anyone use continuous shooting (2 frames / sec) with a SanDisk Ultra II card for 20, 50 or 100 frames ?

Is the shooting continuous or is there a moment when the camera stops ?

I know somebody who tried with a "simple" SanDisk card : after the 5 first frames at full speed, the action slowed down to 1,6 frames / sec, and after 75 frames the camera did stop.

If there is someone who could make a test (for example by shooting a clock and comparing the first and last frame) whe could perhaps see what is the influence of the card type on FZ 20 speed.

thanks in advance.
amat_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:16 PM   #2

O.K., you got my interest up. I just happened to purchase both the FZ20 and the Sandisk Ultra 2 512 card very recently.

At 2 frames per second the camera took 60 frames in 30 seconds without a whimper or a hiccup at the highest resolution and minimum compression settings for JPEG.

I have only had the camera for a week now, but it impresses me more every time I use it! :-)
brentdholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 1:18 AM   #3

Thank you very much for your reply .

And I see you understood well the question, because I forgot to precise "at the highest resolution and minimum compression settings for JPEG" ( of course !).

I 'll receive my FZ 20 next week,and now, I know a SD Ultra II will be OK ( it's to take continuous frames when I happen to see a Shorttoed Eaglein the sky next year).

Thanks a lot, and I hope your FZ 20 will continue to impress you for a long time.

Old Nov 14, 2004, 5:28 AM   #4

hi,

i can confirm brentdholmes experiences. got my fz20 a week ago. with a san disk ultra II 512 it does impressing series of up to 50 pics (in no limit mode, highest resolution and min compression).

nevertheless i had problems with transferring the pics with a card reader. panasonic´s german call center said, it has to do with san disk cards bigger than 256 mb. don´t believe that. that´s the topic of another posting of mine.
paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2004, 3:15 PM   #5

Than you for your answer, that confirms the possibility of the FZ 20.

And I was also interrested in yout topic about SanDisk card, and the reply.

It's sure that I'll test completely my FZ 20 and card as soon as I receive it, taking some pictures of pigeons in the park, so that if I can't read the card I will not be too disapointed...:-), and Iwill return it to get an other one.