Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 13, 2004, 5:47 PM   #1

I am planning on getting a Konica Minolta Z3 which uses XD/MMC cards.

As my previous cameras have all used CF cards, I don't know anything about XD and MMC cards.

Are there any factors I should consider when purchasing a card (other than the capacity).

Thanks.
Argelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2004, 6:20 PM   #2
Administrator

Argelius wrote:
Quote:
I am planning on getting a Konica Minolta Z3 which uses XD/MMC cards.

As my previous cameras have all used CF cards, I don't know anything about XD and MMC cards.

Are there any factors I should consider when purchasing a card (other than the capacity).
Make sure youdo notbuy an Xd Picturecard for it. This is not the type of card used by the KM Z3. It uses SD (Secure Digital), which is a totally different card type.

Here is a memory card compatibility chart for your model:

http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/..._Compatibility

I'd suggest sticking to faster cards (see note 4 at the bottom of the chart). The Panasonic cards in larger sizes (256mb and larger) are fast.Sandisk Ultra II Secure Digital Cards are also fast (but I'd avoid the non-Ultra II Sandisk cards for best performance). Simpletech Cards are also fine (these use Panasonic Components).

I'd suggest avoidingMMC Cards (these are compatible in smaller sizes, but they are very slow cards).

I'd also suggest making sure you upgrade your camera's firmware to the latest version. You can find it here:

http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/...etail=Software

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2004, 6:35 AM   #3

Thanks for your help! And actually, I did know that I'll need an SD and not an xD card. Don't know why I didn't seem to know that when I was typing my question...

:angry:
Argelius is offline   Reply With Quote