Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 21, 2004, 6:04 PM   #1

Hey everyone. I have the Canon S400, the 4mp CF model. I can get a 512mb CF card for $53.99cad that reads and writes at 10 or 12x I forget. Or for $80 I can get the sandisk ultra II which is 60-66x. I'm just curious where I'd notice the difference with the cards, I don't shoot in burst mode, I do some movies for fun on it but mainly just take and then review pictures. Is it worth spending the extra $30? I just want to know if it's like the difference between taking a picture and having to wait 3 seconds or taking a picture and waiting like 1 second. I have some really old 20mb cards, not sure what speed but they're just regular sandisks that I use now and they're fine for me, any advice? Thanks.
leemoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2004, 9:20 PM   #2

For a regular digicam like the S400, there is no advantage to the faster speed cards.
Go for the best deal, but still make sure to get at least a 12x card.

David
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:24 PM   #3

Yeah I was thinking that after, the 20m and 8m card I have now from my old 2mp camera are obviously not the fastest and they do me fine. Thanks for your help I appreciate it.
leemoreau is offline   Reply With Quote