Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 27, 2004, 4:03 PM   #1

Aloha,

I have a Canon A80 with waterhousing. I notiice when I currently take continuous shooting shots, it's a bit slow, due to the CF card? I am using a SanDisk 256MB. Any suggestions as to make the shooting faster?

I am thinking, should I have a separate CF card just for my watershot action sequences?
Kaiserbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2004, 4:42 PM   #2
Administrator

Using a faster card will probably make no difference with the A80.

Even the newer A95 only writes to very fast media at around 740 kb/second.

So, once the internal buffer fills up (around 4 shots), your A80 will slow down until the buffer flushes to media again.

If you set your Drive Modeto Continuous (available under most modes), then these first 4 shots will be much faster when holding the shutter button down. After 4 shots, you'll need to wait until the buffer flushes before it speeds up again.

P.S. -- using CAPS on a forum (as in your subject line) is considered shouting.

Also, your text color is not readable using some color schemes (go to "My Account", "Preferences" and change "Board Theme" to Default and you'll see what I mean).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 4:57 PM   #3

Thanks for the help JimC, to everyone, sorry about my etiquitte error.

So, do you suggest I use the default setting instead of shade? And if i do use shade, should I just simply use the white lettering? I assume it will come up black for you?

Any other advice on how to learn about fully utilizing my A80, or anything about cameras at all? I'm just getting into it right now.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 5:17 PM   #4
Administrator

Kaiserbowl wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the help JimC, to everyone, sorry about my etiquitte error.
No problem. Lots of users don't realize that CAPS is considered shouting until someone points it out.

Quote:
So, do you suggest I use the default setting instead of shade? And if i do use shade, should I just simply use the white lettering? I assume it will come up black for you?
Your last post had black text in it. So, whatever settings you used worked fine for me.

I guess that's the problem with allowing so many different "Board Themes" (what's readable using one theme may not be readable using another). :?

Quote:
Any other advice on how to learn about fully utilizing my A80, or anything about cameras at all?
Well, I'd make sure to read the review of your camera here so you have an understanding of how to get to all of it's settings (and you'll also find a Canon forum here where users can giveyou tips on it).

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/a80.html

Forum MemberMikefellh posted a link to this free online course a while back. So, you may want to check it out, too:

http://209.196.177.41

Old Nov 27, 2004, 5:50 PM   #5

Thanks Jim for all your help, the digital camera lesson link on the bottom should provide me with a lot of learning.

Question: How long does a message stay posted on the forum? Is there a way I can delete it? Is it auto deleted?

Also, how did you reply in that cool way, with the different sections quoting what I said?
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:15 PM   #6
Administrator

Kaiserbowl wrote:
Quote:
Question: How long does a message stay posted on the forum?
AFAIK, there is no time limit on posts. They might be here years from now.

Although, I do remember posting in the forums here about4 years ago and those posts are gone. The current forum appears to have posts dating back to June 2002.

So, I rejoined the forums last year using a new username after I saw that the old (pre-2002) postshad disappeared and my original username didn't appear to be valid.

But, that was before the forum software became sophisticated like it is now. During the last forum software changeto WowBB earlier this year, all posts and usernames were retained.

Quote:
Is there a way I can delete it? Is it auto deleted?
No, users can't delete their posts (but they can edit them). AFAIK, there is no auto delete feature turned on (but this may be an available feature in the forums software).

Forum Administrators and Moderators can delete posts.

Quote:
Also, how did you reply in that cool way, with the different sections quoting what I said?
Well, there are several ways to do this.See this thread:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=2