Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 30, 2004, 2:45 AM   #1

what is the fastest 2 GB memory card that can be used in Nikon CP8800 and Canon PowerShot SD300.
a8j2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2004, 8:25 AM   #2
Administrator

These models use two different memory types. The Nikon Coolpix 8800 uses CompactFlash Memory and the SD300 uses Secure Digital Memory.

Although I haven't seen any tests comparing media, chances are, the Lexar 80x CompactFlash Cards would be a good choice in the Coolpix 8800 (but it may or may not take advantage of a card this fast).

The Canon SD300 uses Secure Digital Memory. Checking the price search engines, I don't see anyone with a 2GB SD Card in stock yet (although some vendors have a listing for the Sandisk Ultra II SD in 2GB size, it's shown as out of stock).

You may need to go with a 1GB SD Card for the SD300 if you're in a hurry. The 2GB Secure Digital Cards may not be shipping yet. T

The Panasonic Standard SD Cards in larger sizes are very fast, asare the Sandisk Ultra II SD Cards (both are around 9mb/second). Panasonic also has a new Pro series card, and Sandisk has a new Extreme III series card (these are rated at 20mb/second). But, you're probably better off sticking with a Panasonic Standard Speed Card or a Sandisk Ultra II Card in 1GB sizes (I don't believe that the SD300 wouldcome anywhere near the speed potential of the 9mb/second cards, much less the newer 20mb/second cards).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 2:08 PM   #3

Thank you very much,

i think i'll go for Lexar 80x for my 8800.

i didn't know that sd300 uses different memory card than 8800.

anyway, i didn't buy sd300 yet, when i buy it, i'll follow your advice.

thanx again.
a8j2 is offline   Reply With Quote