Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 4, 2004, 11:30 AM   #1

I have a sony DSCf828 camera, I use 512mb Lexar and a San Disk 256 mb CF cards.

My reader is a Sandisk 8 in 1. I've been using this reader for 6 months with no trouble. Now it won't let me down load the images.

I get this message"please format", however I can download directly from the camera. I thougt it was the reader failure. I went out the other day and brought

a Lexar reader, same problem. The USB ports are working properly, I had tried different devices on them.

Help me!!
digital demon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:34 PM   #2
Administrator

Have you tried formatting the card? Perhaps the FAT is corrupted and the camera is less "finnicky" about it compared to your card readers (the camera drivers may interface the card to the operating system differently, hiding the corruption and letting you download images from it).

I'd format it in the camera using it's menus to see if that solves the problem. You'll see a Memory Stick Tool section in your Camera's Setup menus that has a format option.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 3:26 PM   #3

:lol:Thanks, but thats the 1st thing I tried
digital demon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 3:33 PM   #4
Administrator

Did you make any changes to your PC that may be impacting USB since it worked last (i.e., upgraded to SP2, added new devices, etc.)?

I'd try unplugging everything else from your USB ports to see if you've got a conflict somewhere, too.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote