Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 22, 2004, 1:01 AM   #1

Ihave a canon A75. My memory card was full so I uploaded all the images to my computer and clear my memory card. Now, I want to add some of those photos back to my memory card. I have a usb card reader/writer so I used that to copy some of the images back to the card. But, my camera says incompatible jpeg format. I have no idea what's wrong. I never changed the images...it was only a minute ago that I transferred them... please tell me what I can do to fix this..thanks

Tiger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2004, 9:24 AM   #2
Administrator

If you're sure that you are copying them back to the same folder, using the same filenames, then it sounds like something modified the photos (perhaps the software you are using to transfer them).

Here is a product that you can try:

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/s....html#TVwriter

It's also possible thatcorruption is occuringas you transfer them back to the CompactFlash card. See my post in this thread for some settings to reduce thechances of corruption.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=52

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:36 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply...

I tried to put images back into the right folders but nothing worked....Then I found out that the software that came with my Canon A75 called ZoomBrowserEX has a uploading function and it worked. However, I realized that it worked fine for pictures taken horizontally. The images I originally were trying to transfer were taken vertically so I go an error saying that they were either modified or in the wrong orientation. Therefore, I rotated the vertical photo to become a horizontal one and tried uploading that and it worked!!!! I guess my computer automatically changed the orientation of the photos to vertical which caused the problem. Anyways, that's the solution for anyone interested.......
Tiger123 is offline   Reply With Quote