Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 26, 2004, 12:29 AM   #1

I am using Lexar CF 512MB card 80x. I have tried various software from download.com such as

Photorecovery for Digital Media 3.0

eIMAGE Recovery 3.0.2.99

ImageRecall 3.0

Digital Photo Recovery 2.0.3

None of them work. Does anyone have a clue what it could be? I know my image are still there, but I cannot access them, not from computer,not from camera.I am using Nikon D70. What shall I do? Thanks for help.

thommas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2004, 2:30 AM   #2
Administrator

Have you tried PhotoRescue for Windows and Mac OS X?

I have recovered files from everything but truly DEAD memory cards with this program and an external USB card reader. You didn't say if you used the camera or a card reader when you tried the other programs. I suspect the card has been fatally damaged somehow or just gone defective. It is always best to use recovery programs with a card reader versus the camera's USB port.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 1:08 AM   #3

I use camera to connect to flash card and computer (USB). I dont have flash card reader. I tried the photorescue (wizard version) but it takes very long time. After 3 hours it still havent ran 50% (about 35%). My computer is fast so it can be it.

Old Dec 27, 2004, 8:39 PM   #4

I have a similar problem with a Lexar 40X 512MB card. I used it in a D30 and now it isn't recognized by either the camera or the computer. It doesn't matter if I use a Lexar or SanDisk USB reader. I do have a 1GB 40X Lexar card which works perfectly, and a 1GB SanDisk Industrial card (which is best recognized in a SanDisk reader (not recognized by the Lexar reader).

I am not trying to recover anything, just format the card and I am unable to do it through Mac 10.3 or Windows XP.

I am in the process of trying online live help but the waits are fairly long. I think the card itself must be bad.
srvsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:46 PM   #5

srvsd wrote:
Quote:
I am not trying to recover anything, just format the card and I am unable to do it through Mac 10.3 or Windows XP.

I believe it is preferable to format your card in the camera, as doing so with a computer may cause problems.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 10:31 AM   #6

Now I cannot format my card either in camera OR computer! what shall I do? I have tried many software, non of them will format my card.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:53 PM   #7

Have you tried Lexar Media Image Rescue 2 ? As you can see there are a couple of options for you to try.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote