Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:18 PM   #1

Shoulda known better. Just bought a Panasonic FZ-20 via internet. Salesman of course tried to sell me accessory kit. Told him I planned to get Sandisk 512 MG Ultra II; he said he would send me that exact card for the same price as Costco ($65). Package arrived arrived with Digital Visions Professional High Speed 512 MG card ($149 on their site). I have an RMA # to return it. However, if this is just as good I'll keep it . Does any one know about this brand and how it matches with Sandisk?
bobmarvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2004, 11:08 PM   #2

I've never heard of DigitalVisions memory cards... The Sandisk Ultra II is a good and reliable card, if they give you something else, well I guess u shouldn't accept it. I could be wrong tho.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:56 AM   #3
Administrator

Here is another recent thread that's quite similar:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=9

Now, it's possible that the Digital Visions card is a Sandisk card except for the brand name (Sandisk is a larger OEM supplier of Flash Memory products, so many other cards are really rebranded Sandisk). But, I wouldn't like it if someone pulled a brand name switch on me. For one thing, Sandisk carries a limited lifetime warranty on their Ultra II cards (andcards have been known to fail or have problems).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 9:43 AM   #4

no it is not a sandisk ultra II card. it is a no name filler card they scammed you with. what was done to you was illegal.

tell me the shop is located in brooklyn,ny
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 12:19 PM   #5

Yes it was. I'll send it back and stop payment on AMEX until the refund is in. The camera is fine.
bobmarvin

bobmarvin is offline   Reply With Quote