Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 10, 2005, 4:14 PM   #1

I just want to order a new CF card for my Canon S1 IS.

I was thinking about he SanDisk Extrem III 1 GB. I know, the camera won't have lot of the card speed. But I think the speed increase will be noticable for CF to PC transfert (or CF to Imagetank :-)). My problem: will there be problem due to the card speed? (corrupted card or so...)???

What about the Sandisk Ultra II 1 GB? Price difference with the Extrem III is only 15€, and with the Extrem III there are ImageRecovery Pro and a travel bag for the CF card.

a Delkin Pro 1 GB: same price as the Extrem III.

Sandisk "normal" 1 GB card: well, 35€ cheaper than the Extrem III, but soooooo slow for transfer (I have a 64 MB normal Sandisk card...)

So, what would be your choice? (If you hadn't to care about the price :lol.

Please help, as I would order as soon as possible! (camera bag with the same order :-)).

Regards,

Nico
_Attila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2005, 6:37 PM   #2

I can't speak to Canon cameras but, I would opt for the fastest card I could get. You may get a speedier camera at some point and would find the slow card frustrating. I would suggest you take a look at the Lexar Cards. I have had several and have never had a problem with them. I am currently using their 1gb 80x card and am very pleased.
budmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 4:30 AM   #3

Thank you for your answer!

I've just ordered the Lexar 80x Pro.

The Sandisk is in fact faster, but more than 30€ differences, and some heavy price difference on the other things (cam bag etc...) on the web site that had the Sandisk extrem...
_Attila_ is offline   Reply With Quote