Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:42 AM   #1

I just bought a Canon SD300 which I plan on mostly using for continuous shots and for the movie mode. I was told I should purchase a high speed memory disk. What brand and speed should I go with?? Are the ones on ebay reliable??
Ladythump is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2005, 2:33 PM   #2
Administrator

I'd recommend a 32x or faster SD card. You can't go wrong with brand names like Lexar or SanDisk Ultra and I've used a number of Transcend cards too.

There's as many good ones as bad ones on eBay, you really need to know what you're buying and who you're buying it from.

I can recommend the SD cards sold by the MemoryOnTheMove folks, you'll find some good deals here on fast SD cards:

http://www.memoryonthemove.com/scrip...?idCategory=21

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 11:56 AM   #3

Ladythump wrote:
Quote:
I just bought a Canon SD300 which I plan on mostly using for continuous shots and for the movie mode. I was told I should purchase a high speed memory disk. What brand and speed should I go with?? Are the ones on ebay reliable??
Can't go wrong with the Kingmax line of cards. I have a 512mb Kingmax 60x Platinum card, and it really flies. Writes are super fast, and movie mode go off without a hitch.
somarf is offline   Reply With Quote