Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 25, 2005, 12:22 PM   #1

hello guys!!!

just wondering and need ur input...

i know memory cards have diff speeds and sometimes depends on ur camera. but is there any diff in speed, regardless of size, b/x xd and sandisk mem cards?

thanks for ur help..:|:-)

cheers

gideon

ugly_giddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2005, 2:22 PM   #2

there are substantial differences in just the different sandisk cards themselves depending on model/type and the camera their plugged into speed will vary tremendously. if your camera has the option of a CF or an xD card i suggest leaning towards a CF card due to its versatility in more brands of camera especially if you intend to upgrade to a slr type. xD while similar to SD is a completly different form factor that has gained little acceptance beyond Fuji and Olympus cameras (both codevelopers of the xD card). currently the most used cards in the photographic world are CF and SD and SD is coming up fairly quickly on CF at the moment. speed and capacity are now similar between the two in there native capabilities (this will depend on the camera and reader being used).currently CF is the winner in capacity at 8GB

sony makes claims of being the tops with the memorystick mainly that if they made a blender they'd stick a memorystick slot on it.:-)
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 3:27 PM   #3

thanks sjms:-)!!

i asked this coz theres some digicam that rely on fast memory card for theyre fast shot kinda thing.
ugly_giddy is offline   Reply With Quote