Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 18, 2002, 7:17 PM   #1

Default Just lost a lot of very special pictures. Please help?

I have an Olympus C-3030 ZOOM and I use a 64MB Olympus memory card with it. Once before, I was not able to view the pics on my card with my camera. I could view any pics taken after i noticed this, but not the ones before. However, when I put the card in my USB reader, all pics showed up and the problem seemed to be an isolated event. I chalked it up to electronic quirkiness.

Today, we went to the hospital to pick up the second of our new triplets. I took pictures of our girl in the car seat while still in the NICU just as I did her sister last week. I plan on doing it with the third triplet, my son, tomorrow when he gets to come home.

Well, when I put the card in the reader and tried to open it, it stalled my computer. I tried to shut down and restart, but the computer stopped on a scan screen and just hung there. Finally, on a whim, I popped the card out of the reader and instantly, the computer finished firing up as normal.

When I went put the card back in to read it, I was confused as to what I saw: It has always read my reader as Drive "F". It had now added Drive "G" and was calling that one the removeable drive/disk. So, I double clicked drive "G" and it gave me no info.

I put the card back in the camera and it told me it needed to be formatted. I could do nothing to get the pics. So, I went to reformat and it said, "Card error!"

My instructions tell me that message means my card is no longer usable.

Just like that???? I will be walking on eggshells now when I take pics. How does one see a warnign sign that he is about to lose precious pics??

Any advice?

Just look at these precious babies that we had. I am sooo bummed!! This last set of pics were important.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/babies3/index.htm
NickG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2002, 7:30 PM   #2

first take a deep breath and relax. that is as long as you have not done anything else to the card. go to steves utilities and down load some of the recovery utilities. also reference this link.

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1072

i personally use this utility. this utility is easy to use and if it can't recover your images they are probably unrecoverable. you can try it and see if it will work but it won't save it. you have to put out the money to save. at $29 its cheap and works. i havent lost a image yet.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2002, 7:49 PM   #3

{crossing my fingers and going to that link}

Thanks! I'll report back whether it worked or not. If it does, that will be an easy $30.00 to spend.....
Old Nov 18, 2002, 8:24 PM   #4

nuttin'

why did my comp make a drive G?? I get the feeling something extraordinary happened.

Man, what a bummer! I had some really special pics on that card including my one daughter on my chest sleeping while we spent our first Sunday together.

Thanks anyway.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 9:02 PM   #5
BRJ

Nick...I have a little program (freebie) that may possibly recover your photos. Has worked for everyone so far. If you'd like it, let me know and I'll email it to ya.
BRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2002, 9:32 PM   #6

I'll try anything... I would love to give it a whirl

[email protected]

Bring it on, buddy I'll let ya know if it worked. And thanks for the offer!