Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 26, 2005, 2:07 PM   #1

This is my first post in this fantastic forum so first I should say hello everybody.
I have a Transcend digital Album that I did buy when I have read the Steve┤s review about. In the review, Steve tells that the Transcend can play videos in .avi or .mov format. I have tried whit some sample videos that I have with this format but the Transcend seems not recognized my videos. I think this could be a problem with the format or resolution of the videos that I are playing. If anybody that had this reader-player could tell me the format I should use to play videos in my transcend I would be very greatfull

regards
macipod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:28 AM   #2

Hi,

I also have the Transcend Digital Album, and I have not been able to play any video. I sent an email to Transcend, and all they answered is that the Digital Album plays videos encoded with MJPEG codec, which is the codec used in most of the cameras.... Nothing more (not a codec information, a link to a download, a sample video......)

I have tried to encode a sample video with different MJPEG codecs (Morgan, MainConcept, etc...), but no one has worked. As Transcend said the codec used in cameras, I am now trying with DV codecs, like Panasonic DV or MainConcept DV codec. But I get errors in VirtualDub while trying to encode.

I will try new codecs and methods, but any help would be great.

Cheers.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English, I am from Spain.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:24 AM   #3

Hi,

I just finished encoding a sample video with Panasonic DV codec and Mainconcept DV codec. They do not work. Digital Album does not play them.

I wish someone could tell us, for the videos used and played in the review,which codecare they encoded with ....

Cheers.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:30 AM   #4

Hi Garfield,
Happy to see you here (I┤m Enrique). I have emailed to Transcend and they have said me the same thing to you. Anybody knows how should be encoded the video or could post a sample video that could be played with the transcend digital album?

macipod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:59 AM   #5

Y si los dos somos de Madrid, ┬┐Qu├ę carajo hacemos hablando en Ingl├ęs? XD XD XD XD XD

Hi Enrique, nice to see you.

At last, I have gotten a video playable in the Transcend Digital Album. This weekend I have shot a video with my sister's photo camera (Olympus), and Digital Album plays it back. Itis Quicktime type, and I will try today or tomorrow to analize it.

I leave this information here for anyone interested in it.

Thanks a lot for your help, Enrique

Cheers
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:22 PM   #6

How do you all find the Digital Album overall for storing your images?. I have one and overall have been satisfied with performance. However, I was in cold temps the other day and only got 3 gigs loaded before the battery quit.

What are you getting out of your albums power?.

Thnx.

CC.
chris12 is offline   Reply With Quote