Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 23, 2005, 7:15 AM   #11

I am now running my s7000 with both Oly xD cards and Transcend 45x cf cards,having found a (very) good price for each.

I originally tried to run the camera with Fuji (aka SanDisk) cf card with disastrous results.

You'd think a Fuji card would be supremely compatable with a Fuji camera wouldn't you?? Hmmmn!!

I have both Media permanently loaded in the s7000 and occaisionly switch from one to the other.

I cannot detect any discernable difference in performance.......both are quick enough...suspect xD has the edge though.

I'm just happy that they work after my disappointing start

flo
floricicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:33 PM   #12

Thanks for your input flo, I am waiting to buy, I want massive storage for my Honeymoon I have read good things about the transcend. I am also thinking of getting a pocketdrive, but haven't researched it much yet.
bertt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:50 AM   #13

G'day all,

Has anyone had any problems with Olympic 512xD cards and the Fuji S7000. I have both and all I get is CARD ERROR. The card worked in a Fuji 5500 at the camera shop but not in their S7000 either. A 256MB Olympic xD worked in my S7000. Bloody confused.
dazza_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 8:25 PM   #14

Any news on the dateFuji 1 gigXD and when it goes on sale?
Actorlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:28 AM   #15

re problem with Xd card & S7000

Ive a similar problem .. just bought 2 128Mb Olympus Xd cards from reputable place on net .. just get "card error" in my S7000.

They work fine in the computer .. can copy photos onto em up to limit .. but the camera refuses to have anything to do with em ..:blah:

suspect it may be a contact problem .. have cleaned the cards but how do you clean the contacts in the camera?:?

oldmanben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:00 PM   #16

I've ended up with a Transcend 45x2 gig CF card. I got it for @140 and free shipping. I thought I was a good deal. It has worked flawlessly so far, but is a littleslower than my xdcards, of whichI got (2) 512 mb at Amazon for $102. It was a steal! So now I [email protected] 3gb plus the 128 mb xd I got when I got the camera and the almost worthless 16mb xd that came with it.
bertt is offline   Reply With Quote