Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 11, 2005, 5:34 PM   #1

I have a Memory Stick slot on my Sony Vio computer. Is it possible to get a Memory stick adapter for Compact Flash Cards?I found one forMemory Stick Pro, but not the older Memory stick. I'm not sure if Pro will work in my computer. Thanks.
Jobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2005, 7:41 PM   #2

Can't find one, sorry.

Have you a spare usb port ? If so it would be cheaper to get a CF card reader (or multi card reader).

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2005, 7:30 AM   #3

Given that, if I'm not mistaken, memory sticks are limited to 128 mb, I would say there is a good chance no one makes them. Even if they do, it will be of limited use unless you make some fancy device that is able to switch between different regions of the CF card to access, the first 128mb, then the next 128mb then the next etc etc etc, which will of course cost too much to be worth it.

P.S. Not to mention it will be very difficult to make since a CF card is not divided into blocks of 128mb (to my knowledge) and even if it is, if you've used it in a normal CF reader, you could easily have files crossing between the 128mb blocks and filesystem issues which will be hard to overcome.
Nil Einne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 7:38 PM   #4

Jobert wrote:
Quote:
I have a Memory Stick slot on my Sony Vio computer. Is it possible to get a Memory stick adapter for Compact Flash Cards?I found one forMemory Stick Pro, but not the older Memory stick. I'm not sure if Pro will work in my computer. Thanks.

I can't help you find an adaptor for he older memory sticks, but I'd like to know where you found he one for the memory stick pro.

Thanks, and I'll keep an eye out for you.

matteo33 is offline   Reply With Quote