Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 5, 2002, 3:50 AM   #1

Default Need some help with the Olympus MAUSB-10 cardreader

Hi all!

I would need som help with the MAUSB-10 cardreader.

After disconnecting/ejecting the device/card (using software, not physically disconnecting, according to the manual it's necessary to do this before removing the card from the device) I don't know how to get the device running again without unplugging and then replugging the USB cable.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't know how to do when changing card in the reader without unplugging the USB cable between. If I use software to disconnect the device/eject the card it doesn't read the new card inserted with out unplugging and replugging the USB cable.

It feels a bit primitive to need to unplug and then replugging the USB cable, I guess there is a "refresh" button somewhere or maybe it's not necessary to disconnect the device?

I hope you can understand the miserable description above :-)

Regards
Micke
Micke O is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2002, 1:57 PM   #2

Hrrmm. I found out myself:

I'm not supposed to disconnect/stop the device by right clicking the small icon next the clock at the taskbar. Instead, I should open "My Computer" and right click the volume label icon representing the xD card and choose "Eject". If I then reinsert the card it is automaticly detected as soon as I have closed the "lid".
Micke O is offline   Reply With Quote