Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:17 AM   #1

I wont be able to get to a comp for 10 days to upload photos and movies. I'll be taking my Sony DSC-W1 with me along with a gig sandisk ultra II. For 10 days with a large group of my friends. (about 20 of us). I plan to take lots of pics of friends/scenery/places we go/etc. As well as video. Someone mentioned to me a station or portable drive i can bring? Can someone please elaborate on this for me? As I really dont want to have to buy a bunch of more sticks. Thanks in advance!
sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2005, 6:44 AM   #2

Take a look right here at Steve's. You will find portable CD drives and portable hard disk drives. http://www.steves-digicams.com/digi_...s.html#storage

If you decide on a CD drive, then be sure to take plenty of discs and make two copies of everything to be safe.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 10:32 AM   #3

Not really sure what I need for my W1. I want something with not too much space I guess 5 gigs is enough, and something not too pricey either. Can ya help me out? :?
sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:54 PM   #4

These devices are not camera specific. It is up to youto choose the capacity you require or want. You alone can know the number of images you are likely to take. You say 5 Gbwould be adequate. If so, I'm not sure if complete units are available with what is a relatively low capacity. Kits can be bought, to which you add your own Hard drive of a capacity of your choosing. But I think the easiest and cheapest option for you would be to buy a portable CD Recorder.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote