Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 16, 2005, 8:04 PM   #1

I read that the olympus does the panormic stitching..But I am buying hopefully A fuji FinePix S-5100

Should I stick with the fuji digital card or does it matter? I know I must have 2. (just incase I leave one in the computer or forget to unload a card...) So I was planning to get a 256 card and maybe a 128. This is what I currently have for my Samsung, which of course is and SD card....I am planning to buy this camera either tomorrow or with in the next few days....

Any input on cards would be GREAT!

Thanks
spinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2005, 9:04 PM   #2

Cutting to the quick... it doesn't matter which brand of xD card you get. The Fuji can't use Olympus's panoramic feature. I would look at a 256 or even 512 mb card whichshould give you plenty of storage. As point of comparison, I have an Oly C-730 (a 3 megger) and 3 xD cards - the original 16, a Fuji 128, and an Oly 256. I generally shoot with the Oly 256, only because of capacity; I can get ~140 "best" quality pictures on it. The Fuji 128 is first string backup while the original Oly card that came with the camera is definitely 2nd string due to limited capacity.

Enjoy your new camera!

Paul in NoVA
C-730 B-300 WCON-07
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoney_g
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 6:20 AM   #3

Doesn't matter...I have used both the Fuji and the Oly xD cards in my S5100. I have two 256 cards, which works fine for me. If and when the price drops on the 512 cards, I will probably pick one up, just in case I want to take some extended video clips.

You can do panoramic stitching without internal software...for example, try:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

(it's free)

Good luck with the new camera.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 4:19 PM   #4

Thanks! I got my camera today and a Sandisk XD card. Figure I will get anothe card once the rebates come back!

Oh and I love this camera! I knew my old one was a dog but had no clue it was a dinosaur!
spinning is offline   Reply With Quote