Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 19, 2005, 11:39 PM   #1

Hi...I'm VERY new to digital photography and I'm about to buy the Pentax Optio 750Z. I think I need at least a 256 MB card, but that's all I know....

Can you please tell me what exactly the speed of the card relates to? I assume faster is better, but faster at what???

Also, it looks like www.newegg.com is a good place to buya card,but can you recommend any particular brand?

Since I'm not set up yet to print my pictures, I'll probably take them to Walgreens or Walmart to print....how exactly is this done - do I hand over my new (and I'm assuming expensive) SD card and they return it to me (hopefully!)? Can you specify which shots to print, or do they print them all?

When you first install the card, do you have to format it (if so, how?), and do you ever need to re-format it, or care for it in any other way?

Thanks!

Linda
Linda1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:23 AM   #2

Any help, please?

Can you suggest a good SD card for this camera? I'd like one that will store movies as well as say 50 pictures. I now see that not only does the size of the card matter (128, 256, 1 GB???), but the card manufacturer matters too....

I'm confused!

Thanks,

Linda

Linda1234 is offline   Reply With Quote