Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 20, 2005, 8:52 AM   #1

Newegg lists a Rosewill (RCF1024) 1 Gig Compact Flash card for $62.99 and a Kingston Elite Pro CF/1024-S for $73.00.

Of course, the reviewers who posting their views abouteither card said that the cards were pretty good in performance.

Before I plunk down some money on a Sandisk U II or Lexar Pro, I wonder who has anything to say about Rosewill and/or Kingston card, positive or negative. Both have descriptions and prices that are "too good to be true".

Anyone out there tried them yet? What are your views?

SA Flyer
SA Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2005, 9:10 AM   #2

its all relative to the camera you use. in my cameras they would slow the operation down considerably. in yours there may be no affect or may even improve it in relationship to what you were using.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 11:19 AM   #3

I have a Lexar 2Gb 80X card that came with my camera, for a backup I bought a Kingston 1024Mb card. Just the older standard one. It was 41.99 at newegg.com. I have to tell you that just because the 1024 didn't have the 80X speed I thought it would be exteremely slow, however even though I noticed it took around a 1/60 sec to write large file from my 20D I think that I should have bought a who bunch of the older cards rather than the expensive 80x card. I could have more memory for the money. However is you are doing sports as I do you'll learn to trick your self into thinking the expensive card was worth the money, but you know you are just fooling your self.
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 12:21 AM   #4

Yeah, I do intend to use it for sports... tennis, track, basketball, soccer.

I forgot to mention that my camera is a Rebel/300D with the kit lens, Tamron 70-300, Canon 50 EF lens. So far, I am getting good performance from the Sandisk with this setup. In trying to get the most for my dinero, I thought I'd ask if anyone out there is using Rosewill cards.

My feeling is that assessments of a product on a seller's site does not provide sufficientinfo to help me decide.

Anybody got anything else?
SA Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote