Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 20, 2005, 6:21 PM   #11

Geckoman wrote:
Quote:
lipschutz wrote:
Quote:
Geckoman wrote:
Quote:
I am ready to buy a digicam and narrowed my choice to the Sony P200. The one last question I need answered is in regards to the Memory Stick thing.

It appears that many do not like the Memory stick when compared to the SD card. Is this because of the price diff? It doesn't seem all that much more money. Maybe there is another reason for the dislike?

Should Sony's use of a memory stick give me pause in buying one of their cameras?

Well... About you choice: Very good! The P200 is one "Ferrari" still images.

Your question about Memory Stick... Unfortunately the coust of MS is very big compared to the SD. The MS is excellent media. The probleman is the ONLY the price.

I like very of her, but
your price really is bad!

It´s a very fast memory, mostly the series "PRO"

Enjoy!
From my limited knowledge of these things I went on to Best Buy and compared a 128mb SD media to a 128mb Mem Stick. It appears to be about a $9 difference? $30 for the SD and $39 for the Mem Stick. That's not all that much is it?

Hello Geckoman!

In my country, Brazil, the difference of this type of memory is superior to 60%! Maybe in the USA it is different. But here the difference is still very big. "Best Buy" is a great net that doesn't exist here. They are supplying direct of SONY.

Best Regards,

Lipschutz

lipschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 6:27 PM   #12

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Personally, I don't worry about it too much.

Right now, I've got a collection of 3 different media types (Memory Stick, Secure Digital and CompactFlash). LOL

Heck, I got a heck of a bargain recently at a yard sale.

Someone hada fewCompactFlash cards sitting on a bookshelf. I asked how much. They said 5 dollars for all 3 cards (including a 256mb and 128mb Lexar CompactFlash Card -- although the 256mb was only a 4x card).

Did I need them? Nah... The only camera I'd even want to use these old slow cards in now would be a Nikon Coolpix 950 I use from time to time for macro shots.

I can remember paying a lot of money for cards of this size a few years back. Now, you can buy 1GB cardsfor under $100.00 brand new.

Again, I wouldn't sweat the media type too much if buying a new camera (even though I've already got some cards). From my perspective, by the time you get ready to upgrade, you'll probably want newer, larger, faster mediaanyway (and media prices should continue to drop).

Excuse for the of topic, but what is "LOL" ?

I see a lot this in English, but I don't know what is...
Old Apr 20, 2005, 6:36 PM   #13
Administrator

lipschutz wrote:
Quote:

In forums and chat rooms, you often see acronyms and abbreviations used that you don't see used much elsewhere. Much of it is like a form of slang.

LOL means "Laughing Out Loud".

Of course, I could have used the .gifEmoticonfor laughing instead::lol:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:01 PM   #14

JimC wrote:
Quote:
lipschutz wrote:
Quote:

In forums and chat rooms, you often see acronyms and abbreviations used that you don't see used much elsewhere. Much of it is like a form of slang.

LOL means "Laughing Out Loud".

Of course, I could have used the .gifEmoticonfor laughing instead::lol:
Ahhhh... Of couse! Now is clear! Tks!