Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 1, 2005, 5:25 PM   #1

I am getting ready for a long trip and would like to be able to download photos from the memory cards on my D-70 to CD or Hard Drive. I have been told there is a stand alone device that you plug your memory card into and it will burn a CD of the cards contents. I really dont need a viewer. What is the cheapest way to go ?

Thanks
Paul
ks2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2005, 9:43 PM   #2
Administrator

Paul:

I see that nobody has responded to your questions yet... So, I'll take a stab at it.

Personally, I carry a laptop with me when we'll be out of town for an extended period. That way, I've got a device for internet access, and I can use it's hard drive space for storing photos.

But, there are a number of products on the market that are designed specifically for storing images. Most have built in hard disks (laptop drives, etc.), Some have the ability to burn images to CD (or even DVD now).

You'll see some of these devices reviewed here (butmany models may be a bit dated now, so you'll need to check with the manufacturers to see what their current models are):

http://www.steves-digicams.com/digi_...s.html#storage

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 11:32 PM   #3

Thanks Jim;
Just what I needed.

Paul
ks2k is offline   Reply With Quote