Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 22, 2005, 4:58 PM   #1

Hello everyone. I just recently purchased a Canon Digital Rebel XT and was covering the E3 Expo in Los Angeles the other day and after shooting about 60 photos, my camera kept giving me an Err 02 message and then i got a weird Compact Flash error. The card is a PNY 512mb (THNCF512MMG) and was a cheap-o card i bought a year or so ago for my Canon Powershot S30 which has never had any issues with it.

I formatted the card again and started shooting and i got the same error at around the same point on the cards capacity. Since its a generic slow card, i was about go to pickup a Sandisk 512mb Ultra II card from Circuit City for $39.00 after rebate so i can have a faster card and less lag when the camera is on rapid fire.

I'm hoping its just an issue with the card and not my brand new camera. Does anyone know of any issues with these generic CF cards?

Thank in advance!

-Andrew
Andrew LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2005, 5:36 PM   #2

Well.. problem solved. I just got home with a new CF card, the Sandisk Ultra II 512mb and it uses the whole card perfectly.

It seems the issue was with my old CF card and the XT since it still works fine in my S30 Powershot.
Andrew LB is offline   Reply With Quote