Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 16, 2005, 9:18 AM   #1

I have formated my card in my camera, selected delete all on the camera, even manualy deleted all the files on my computer, but whenever i start the camera up again, all the files are still there! It is kind of annoying because it started not working a week after i bought it ~~> I am using an Aiptek 5 mega pixel pocket DV 5100 camera, incase thats the problem... Thanks in advance for the help.
Dart Kietanmartaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:11 AM   #2
Administrator

Are you sure you're not looking at photos in the camera's internal memory, versus on the card? The camera's format menu choice should format the card.

If that's not working, you may want to try a card reader. But, if you format the card using your PC, make sure to select FAT as the file system type (since the default 32 bit FAT used by Windows is not compatible with most cameras).

I'd also make sure to use the "Safely remove hardware" icon on your task bar before unplugging a camera or reader, just to make sure all buffers have been flushed to media.

I'd recommend reformatting the card with the camera menus before using it again, if you do use a PC to format it with FAT as the File System Type.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 9:47 AM   #3

Doesnt work, says windows cant format the card.
Dart Kietanmartaru is offline   Reply With Quote