Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:03 AM   #1

My Viking CF 512 card gives a 'Memory Card Error' message which remains after formatting in my Canon A85 camera. My original Canon card works.

Simultaneously, my Silvercrest card reader has stopped working - the Removable Drives appear in Wondows Explorer but cards cannot be read.

I'm not sure if the card reader has damaged the Viking or vice-versa. My store has refunded me for the reader and Viking have promised to replace the card.

I'm a bit perplexed about buying a new reader as that is where my suspicion lies. Can anyone recommend a good quality reader?
Gummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2006, 4:06 AM   #2

I have a Canon S50 and I have the same problem "Memory Card Error" with a CF Viking 128 Mb and with a Extreme 256 Mb. The original 32 mb card works though.

Someone lend me acard reader to try access my pictures, but I can only see garbage (corrupt file and directories). So, it has nothing to do with the card reader, but it has to do with a problem with Canon Powershot series (S40, A92, S2, S1, etc.) : I have found many people complaining that they have various problems "Memory card error" with vary many different brands (kinfston , sandisk, etc.) and types of CF cards.
JRMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 5:18 AM   #3

I'd go back to Viking - you should still be covered. You've just probably been unlucky.
Gummo is offline   Reply With Quote