Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:58 PM   #1

Can anyone suggest a USB port reader that is compatible with the new 1Gig XD cards? I want to make sure that I get one that will work.
Thanks,
Sylorna
Sylorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:16 AM   #2

Really? There aren't any at all? Guess I'll have to wait a few months till technology catches up with itself then eh?
Old Aug 5, 2005, 3:37 PM   #3

i bought a 16 way card reader off of ebay for 11 delivered. it reads my 256 xd card just fine. it should make no difference what size the card holds. it is the format that is important.
omahajames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 8:13 PM   #4

the new 512 and 1gb XD cards are in a format that they call "M". Supposed to be better in some way (I think they're supposed to be faster). A lot of the old technology wont read the new ones. I recently got to experience this bringing my card to a Kodak kiosk and having the card be unreadable. I guess I'll just have to be patient while the old technology catches up with the new.

Old Aug 7, 2005, 3:42 PM   #5

sorry to hear that the kodak kiosk wont read the new xd cards. i will have to wait until i upgrade to a new onw. if it were not for the kodak kiosks, i would be up a creek much of the time.
omahajames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:27 AM   #6

omahajames wrote:
Quote:
sorry to hear that the kodak kiosk wont read the new xd cards. i will have to wait until i upgrade to a new onw. if it were not for the kodak kiosks, i would be up a creek much of the time.
It's a pain, that's for sure. I ended up going home, downloading the picture I wanted, ordering it online from Walmart, wating 5 days and picking it up. I suppose I could have either transfered it to the card that came with the camera or burnt it on a CD, but that would have meant going back down there. I guess it just means that I know what to do for next time. Hopefully they will be speedy with thier updates!