Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:13 PM   #11

Hi!

If you can obtain type"M"...cheaper...that the regular one go forward..., for me movies I never will do it!

Good Luck!

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 9:39 AM   #12

both Fuji and Oylmpus cards are the same except with a olympus camera you will require the olympus card to use the panaramic feature. this feature will not work with a Fuji card.

I bought the wrong card some time ago and digiprintuk swaped it for me in a few days. was bloody great to be honest as it was my fault. id highly recommend them from now on really www.digiprintuk.com

Patsy
Patsy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 12:08 PM   #13

Dear Patsy999!

I acquired as I wrote, a Kodak brand 256mb made by Toshiba in Japan, really I don't look forward for more Xd cards, together with my son gifted CF Lexar WA 40X, also 256mb; made in USA... is satisfactory for me.

Cheers,

Old Nov 23, 2005, 12:57 PM   #14

The panorama feature on the Oly cameras is worthwhile IMO. The panoramas are flagged and numbered in the Camedia software. You just drag them in order into the panorama box. The camera fixes all of the parameters with the first shot, so the stitching is very fast since it doesn't have to mess with evening out exposures and white balance. It also orients the panoramas if you take them with the camera vertical rather than horizontal. I would get an Oly card.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 11:22 PM   #15

Hello Slipe!

Explain/explicate me; "WHY" I should for my lovely S9500 buy a Olympus card? Fuji cameras "DON'T"...use such "Panorama" feature!

What, Kodak one made in Japan by Toshiba is NOT good or sufficiency?

Sorry I don't conceive so!!!

Old Nov 24, 2005, 9:47 AM   #16

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Hello Slipe!

Explain/explicate me; "WHY" I should for my lovely S9500 buy a Olympus card? Fuji cameras "DON'T"...use such "Panorama" feature!

What, Kodak one made in Japan by Toshiba is NOT good or sufficiency?

Sorry I don't conceive so!!!

My post wasn't meant for an interloper hijacker who hasn't added any significant information for canuckgurl's question, but who after a lot of drivel feels the thread is now his and posts are directed to him.

The information is for the person who started the thread, which is where posts should be generally directed. I was just reinforcing Patsy's point, which was also directed to the proper person and not you. canuckgurl has an Olympus D575 camera and asked if she should get an Oly card or a cheaper Kodak. Most of the D series have a panorama mode that is deactivated if you don't use an Olympus card. I was reinforcing Patsy's point that the panorama mode on Oly cameras is a handy feature and worth a little extra cost for the card.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 11:07 AM   #17

Sorry!