Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 20, 2005, 7:26 PM   #1

I just purchased a Konica Minolta Dimage Z5 and am awaiting delivery.

The camera lists a 16 mb memory card as installed memory. I am new to digitals and proper terminology. Am I correct the installed memory (16 mb) is actually replaceable with the 1GB San Disk? Installed, to me as a mechanic indicates like sort of permanent??:?.

I cross referenced the 1GB with SanDisks page and they indicate the camera will accept the SD. Next question is? I could buy 2 ~ 1 GB SD's for the price of the 1 San Disk Extreme under different manufacturers.

I would like some imput as to what is the best way to go. I am not a professional photographer and will most likely use the camera for vacations, fishing trips and just keeping handy in the truck.

Would the advertised speed and capabilities of the Extreme be more advantageous than the 2 cheaper cards?

Great site here! Thanks for any help!

Bob
Pursuit777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2005, 7:14 AM   #2

the extreme 3 card holds no advantage for you in that camera. if you ant to invest in a good card and still save money too go to the ultra 2 cards from sandisk. the 2 camera bodies i have (the EOS 1D mk2 aand the 1Ds mk2) are one of the few cameras that actually take advantage of that speed and even then not all of it. there is a $20-30 premium for the E3 card. i have 1 2gb E3 card and 4 U2 cards and in camera i really can't tell the difference.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2005, 9:57 AM   #3

Thanks sjms. Appreciate the answer. I will do the Ultra 2.
Pursuit777 is offline   Reply With Quote