Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 25, 2005, 5:03 AM   #1

I saw this reviewed here and picked one up.The device took the pics from my card fine,however now I can't get them back out!.I figured i better try this out before my trip and loaded a days shooting into it.However neither of my two computers will recognize it at all.there both using XP however one only has usb1,but the other has usb2.When I plug them in all I keep getting is a message on the photobank to "Connectto pc". Anyone have any ideas?
Bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:21 AM   #2

You have to install the device driver of the photobank before your PC can recognize it. Have you read the installation instructions?
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:47 AM   #3

Yep I'm one of those unusual people who actually "does" read the instructions and according to them WinXP automatically installs the correct drivers.I did however wonder about that myself and went to the Transcend site.However the only drivers they had there were for Win98.They also had firmware and updates for systems with VIA chips. I'll take a look again ,but i didn't see anything.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:06 PM   #4

Sorry Bsmooth, I dont mean to be disrespectful with my "reading the instructions" comment. Glad you have done that already.

I found a thread which may solve your problem in the Transcend.usa forum:

http://ec.transcendusa.com/forum/List.asp?BoardID=13

("WinXP does not see my new drives ...")

blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 5:02 AM   #5

No problem,and I know exactly what you mean,so many people these days could solve there problems so easy by just reading the instructions.

My problem was solved last night by two great people to deal with,Mike from Memory on the move and the technician at Transcend who solved my problem in all of 10minutes.There was no problem at all with the drive,it was my lack of understanding.It actually opens up a drive for every type of card yo can put in it,which I think was 5 or 6,plus it opens another local drive which was the one I wanted.I opened it and voila there were my pictures!

I called Mike back at memory on the Move and we talked about all the new products coming out of Japan ,Korea and Asia in general.There lack of instructions doesn't make things as easy as they could be.It never explained the folders or opening a drive at all.That and the fact I had never used one before probably didn't help.

Anyways ,kudos to Mike and Memory on the move and also Transcend for taking the time and effort to help,truly a rarity these days. Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2006, 4:02 PM   #6

I BSmooth,
I just bought a second hand photobank 20GB and I'm having the same pb you say : it shows a "connect to pc" message and I can't make my windows XP recognize it.
Can you tell me how you fix your problem?
thanks,
Luisfromfrance
luisfromfrance is offline   Reply With Quote