Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 7, 2005, 9:41 AM   #1

Hello

I want to buy a 2nd camera for everyday use, & want to be able to use one of my 2 1gb SD cards. The camera I'm looking at (BenQ DC-E53) is limited to 512kb.

My question is, will it use my card but only recognise 512kb of it, or will it reject it completely??

Hope that's clear...

thanks

dett
dettwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2005, 9:55 AM   #2

I don't know about that particular camera. Often, however, the manual for a particular camera will specify a maximum size of memory card that it will support. Many times, this is because at the time the manual was printed, that is the biggest size card available. If this is the case with your camera, it may or may not support a larger card than what the manual states. Unless you can find someone with that particular model, the only thing you will be able to do is to try a larger card and see what happens. Good luck.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 6:09 AM   #3

I have a similar question. I have a Toshiba PDR 3300 (I understand Toshiba has just left the digicam business - however my camera works very well) The problem is similar to the earlier question. I have to do 2 updates to get my camera to the latest firmware edition but will it allow 1 GB card? The documentation says only 512...

Danny
dannya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 10:05 AM   #4

Thanks for your replies.

In the end I went for a Ricoh ... the 1gig card works fine with it ... but then again it said that it would :-)
dettwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2005, 11:29 AM   #5

Hi guys, let me some help plz.

I will buy a camera HP Photosmart 435. But in his manual it says that the maximum size is at SD 128Mb TESTED! Can u help me explain me if it permits to use 1 Gb?

thks
roxino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 1:59 AM   #6

roxino wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys, let me some help plz.

I will buy a camera HP Photosmart 435. But in his manual it says that the maximum size is at SD 128Mb TESTED! Can u help me explain me if it permits to use 1 Gb?

thks
No, usually larger SD capacity cards will not work in a camera which says the maximum is 128 meg.

Cameras which take Compact Flash (CF) cards are limited only by the type format because the controller is in the card itself, but other cards such as the Sony Memory Stick, Secure Digital and SmartMedia have the controller external to the card in the device itself (the camera in this case) so that the limitation is set in the firmware of the camera.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote