Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 22, 2003, 4:45 AM   #1

Default XD Memory portable storage / Cheapest prices in uk?

Hi,
I live in the uk but in 2 weeks I am visiting California for a well earned vacation . I have and finepix 3800 cam and would like to be able to capture my vacation on film, I dont want to spend a fortune on xd cards so I have a few questions

1) Is there a portable reader/storage for copying the contents of an XD card available which will allow me to store my images until i return home to the uk?
2) Can anyone in the uk reccomend somewhere to get xd cards, the cheapest I have found so far is 40 for 128mb. Would I be better waiting to buy additional cards when I get to the USA?
3) can anyone reccomend stores in the USA to buy XD cards ? Unfortantely I cannot purchase over the web as I do not have a permanent address in the US.

Thanks

Ches
Cheslynmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2003, 5:31 AM   #2

I suspect that you could buy a handful of 128MB xD cards for the very cheapest potable storage device. Beisdes I don't know of any storage devies on the market that accept xD cards yet, you'd have to buy a xD->CompactFlash adaptor too.

I presume you quoted the price of the cards from www.7dayshop.com, who seem to be the cheapest in this country. I think that 40 is quite a good price for a 128MB card. I'd stock up on a few of those personally, but you'd have to order quick because even though I know for a fact that 7dayshop got a new batch of 128MB cards in last week (I've ordered one myself recently), there delivery times seem to be getting slower lately. The last few orders I've placed with them have taken about a week to arrive.
Eddie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2003, 5:59 AM   #3

Eddie,
Thanks for that info, the price i had was from digital depot , I have just ordered a 3 pack of 64mb xd cards for 52 and an additional 128mb for 39 from www.7dayshop.com

Hopefully they will arrive before I jet off on the 3rd.

Thanks

Ches
Cheslynmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 3:59 PM   #4

take a look at this topic; I think it's on target with what you're asking.

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6611

Also, see this website for the storage device; it lists a UK address.

http://www.xs-drive.com/index.htm

Hope this adds to the information.

Mark
michmark is offline   Reply With Quote